Pasta with Lemongrass Meatballs
Serves 1 person
|Alce Nero Wholemeal Spaghetti/Alce Nero Organic Spaghetti||2 servings|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Alce Nero Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|Ground black pepper|
|Lean chicken mince||250g|
|Garlic, chopped roughly||3 clovers|
|Lemongrass, bottom white portion only, sliced roughly||2 stalks|
|Chilli padi, sliced roughly||1|
|Fish sauce||2 tbsp|
|Soy sauce||1 tbsp|
|Alce Nero Acacia Honey||2 tbsp|
|Vegetable oil||2 tbsp|
|Sesame oil||1/2 tbsp|
|Corn flour||1/2 tbsp|
|Extra vegetable oil|
Here's the ingredients you are using:
- Cook the pasta according to directions on pack. When the pasta is done, drain it but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add the garlic and chilli flakes. As it starts to simmer, reduce the heat slightly and cook the garlic until light brown, stirring occasionally, about 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan of garlic and chilli mixture. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- To prepare the marinade, add the fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, vegetable oil, and sesame oil into a bowl and mix well.
- In a blender, process the chilli, garlic and lemongrass till fine. Add to the bowl of marinade and mix till well incorporated. If there are fibrous pieces from the lemongrass, pass the mixture through a sieve.
- Add the chicken mince, corn flour, and mix well. Cover with cling film and leave in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Using your hands or the help of two tablespoons, shape the mince into round disks of about 1 inch. Place into a heated and oiled pan. Once the meatball has cooked halfway through, flip and cook the other side, about 3-4 minutes. Serve atop the oglio olio pasta with a side of greens and enjoy!