Jammy Stuffed French Toast
Serves 2 person
|Thick bread||4 slices|
|Cream cheese, softened||100g|
|Alce Nero Strawberry Jam||2 tbsp|
|Lemon zest||1 tsp|
|Fresh milk||1/2 cup|
|Melted butter||2 tbsp|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|Ground cinnamon||1 tsp|
Here's the ingredients you are using:
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, jam, chopped strawberries, and lemon zest together. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large skillet over medium, heat enough butter to coat the pan. Be careful not to overheat the butter as it may burn.
- Place a slice of bread into the milk and egg mixture for 10 seconds each side. Once coated, place them into the skillet. Cook each slice until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes a side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining bread.
- Spread one slice of bread with cream cheese mixture to your desired thickness and top with another slice of bread. Garnish with more strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Serve warm!