Chicken Pot Stickers
Serves 4 person
|Dried shiitake mushrooms (soak in hot water for 30 minutes)||3-4 pieces|
|Chinese cabbage (finely chopped)||150g|
|Ground beef (or chicken)||120g|
|Chives (finely chopped)||50g|
|Light soy sauce||1 tbsp|
|Sesame oil||1 tbsp|
|Alce Nero Apple Cider Vinegar||4 tbsp|
|Peeled fresh ginger (minced)||1½ tsp|
|Garlic (minced)||1 clove|
|Ground white pepper||⅛ tsp|
|Wonton wrappers (thin round)||40 pieces|
|Canola oil||4 tbsp|
|Fresh ginger, chopped||1 tbsp|
|Sesame oil||2 tsp|
- Dry the soaked mushrooms with a paper towel and mince.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage and salt and let stand for 30 minutnes to draw out the water from cabbage. Using your rhands and a kitchen towel, wring out as much of the water from the cabbage as possible.
- Put the cabbage in a clean bowl and add the mushrooms, beef/chicken, chives, soy sauce, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, ginger, garlic, cornstarch and white pepper.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix vigorously to combine the ingredients well.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a work surface and brush the edges with water. Place 1 tsp filling in the center of the wrapper, fold the wrapper in half to enclose the filling and pleat the outer edge.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 tbsp of the canola oil.
- Add 10 to 12 pot stickers, flat bottom down and in a single layer. Sear until golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour ¼ cup of the stock into the pan, cover and let steam until all the stock evaporates, the pot stickers are tender but stil lfirm, and the filling is cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- When all pot stickers are done, mix together the dipping sauce ingredients, and serve!