‘Al dente’ is an Italian term which literally translates as ‘at the tooth’. Applied to pasta, the term means ‘cooked just enough to retain a somewhat firm texture’. This is the texture that you want to achieve in order to get the best tasting pasta possible.
Here is how to cook Alce Nero organic pasta ‘Al dente’:
1) Pour water in a large saucepan, in proportion to the amount of pasta you want to cook. Roughly count 1 liter of water for every 100g of dry pasta.
2) Add a teaspoonful of thick salt and a tablespoonful of olive oil to the water.
3) Place the saucepan on a direct heat source and bring the water to a boil.
4) Once the water is boiled, place the dry pasta into the pan.
Cook for the exact amount of time that is indicated on the pasta package, stirring occasionally. Make sure that the water is simmering the entire time.
6) Once the time is up, immediately remove the pan from the heat and drain its contents through a sieve.
7) Your pasta is ready to eat; simply stir-in a sauce of your choice and enjoy!